Old 02-29-16, 09:29 PM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Riding in the Phoenix Metro area

This thread is to record some of the rides here in the Phoenix area.

Saturday morning I rode to Tempe Town Lake and back.

Details
Trek 3700
25 mi
114 min riding time

I went to the lake because I heard they were draining it. While it is low it ain't drained yet.

[IMG]Tempe Town Lake by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

There was no water running below the damn. Probably because they were working on the new damn. Rather than describe the ride out I will describe the ride back. I went back following the Grand Canal. Right now it is closed between Washington and Priest near the lake. So I rode down Washington to 56th St, then south to the Grand Canal. The path is gravel between 56th St & 48th St. Here is a shot of the canal going under the 202.

[IMG]The Grand Canal by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

About half the path between 48th St & 44th St is paved the other gravel. From 44th St. west the path is paved all the way to 7th Ave. Below is the second crossing of the 202.

[IMG]Passing under the 202 again by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

This pedestrian bridge is close to Palm ln. which is between McDowell and Oak. Creighton Elementary School uses it during school days.

[IMG]Pedestrian Bridge by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

There are usually some shopping carts in the canal. The reflection caught my eye.

[IMG]Shopping cart art? by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

Not too much further I stopped for a nutritional supplemental.

[IMG]Stopped for a nutrional supplement! by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

It was good! About 5 mi to home from here. I followed the canal to 7th Ave then got home using the minor surface streets. Try to do a better job of photography next time.

Last edited by locolobo13; 02-29-16 at 09:34 PM. Reason: forgot something