Old 03-01-16, 06:28 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2942 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 93 Posts
I was sceptical about folding bikes at first, but discovered that the handling, comfort, and speed are comparable to full-sized bicycles ... but folding bikes can be so much more convenient.

This was the first time we had ridden ours with panniers. We have done a lot of other riding with handlebar bag and Carradice, but not with the panniers. I wasn't sure how they'd be with the extra weight, but they were really good. It just took a moment or two to get used to the slightly different handling, and then we were off!

Funny thing ... after having done a couple rides with them on the island on the gravel roads and up and over the paddocks, we were sitting having lunch when a group of 4 day riders came into the camp kitchen and spotted our bicycles. First thing out of their mouths was, "The potholes around here would swallow those wheels whole! Those wheels are too small to ride around here!"
Well ... um ... we just did ... and the wheels were fine. They are, of course, BMX size and BMX courses aren't known for their flat smoothness.

Anyway, I think they look kinda cute with the panniers on.