Old 03-03-16, 04:50 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I'm 58, full time caregiver for my mom who has Parkinson's and dementia (although she's doing much better with some new meds prescribed by her neurologist -- donepezil or generic Aricept, and memantine or generic Namenda). So most of my rides are short errands of a couple of miles to the pharmacy or grocery store.

But I try to squeeze in about three rides a week. I'm up to 12 mile round trips as a standard exercise ride, but occasionally ride up to 30 mile routes when I have more time and the asthma isn't choking me. I don't plan anything, just go when I can and go as far as I can within a couple hours.

If we can requalify for an in-home aide that would give me a few more hours a week as a break for personal time and exercise. We lost that funding a year ago, so there hasn't been much spare time. But I feel better and more productive when I bicycle for exercise, so it's time well spent.

I rode much more when I was younger, working full time outside of home in health care, and commuted to work. But my schedule was much more predictable then and not as dependent on so many variables.