Old 03-10-16, 10:28 AM
Wheever

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 6 disk, 2016 Scott Big Jon Fat Bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels
I would second the suggestion to look at the Boone over the Domane. You will NOT get 32mm plus fenders on the Domane. I never tried it myself, but I think people had trouble squeezing 25mm tires and fenders on the Domane, though I don't think that was on the disc version. Still, I think 32mm would be pushing it on clearance before you even got to fenders.

I have the Cockett and the Domane, both rim brake versions. The disc versions of the Boone and Crockett have the hidden fender mounts. The Boone will be nearly everything the Domane is, but with much more clearance for what you want to do.
Just FYI: the disk version of the Domane apparently WILL fit 32s. I haven't done it myself, but I was reading a post somewhere by some guy that did. (I recall they were panaracer gravel kings.) I have GP4k 28s on my 6 disc, and there's gobs of clearance left over, on the order of 3-4mm per side. I was actually thinking of trying a set of the panaracer 32s because they're on sale right now at Excell sports for $29.