Old 03-13-16, 12:20 PM
Richbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally Finished!

OK . . .here it is finally.
I finished it back in January/February, but had to wait for a decent day for riding it and taking pictures (then also I'm slow
to deal with pictures).

I built this up using parts I mostly had at home in parts bins . . . from building, unbuilding, upgrading various bikes I've had over the years, plus some parts from Recycle a Bicycle in New York City (like the Shimano RSX brifters & LX rear derailleur I bought from them at a fundraising event last year). The rack is friendly for 20" wheels and was a lucky find at Recycle a Bicycle.

I've already made some changes:
-Only 1 bottle cage on at the moment; 3 is for touring, and I don't need them on full time.
-I switched the handlebar/shift/brake lever setup to bullhorn's with bar-ends like Jurien's. I wanted to take this bike on Amtrak to the National Bike Summit last week. The bike doesn't fold down small enough to meet Amtrak's folding bike-friendly policy. So I disassembled it (I used threaded cable spitters to make re-assembly easier), but the drop-bar with brifters would not fit into the suitcase. I had the handlebar/brake lever/ bar-end setup assembled, but due to different housing lengths for that, I pretty much had to re-cable it the night before I left. I'll get more practice, but it takes me about 30 minutes for unpack/assembly and dis-assembly/packup. It was great to be able to ride it around DC to the National Bike Summit and where I was staying. I got quite a few compliments on it.

I'll post photo's of the revised version when I get around to it.

I may order a 2nd fork from Titan Product and try a folding stem to see if that gets it within Amtrak's folding bike specs.

A big thanks to Jurien who connected me with Anita at Titan Product. Anita was great to deal with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Swift folder.jpg (100.5 KB, 1704 views)