Thread: Bike security
View Single Post
Old 03-14-16, 01:09 AM
goraman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seems St Charles is a lot like where I grew up HERE 40 years ago when you could go away and leave your house unlocked, or leave the keys to your car on the front seat.
The population of Roseville then 18,000 and that's before east Roseville broke off and became Granite Bay!
Now just Roseville 138,000 and that is expected to double again with in 10 years. We have been doubling our population every 5 to 10 years since 1985.
Add Granite bay and we are most likely over 160,000, I am 50 now. I have seen to much change here and not for the good, I hope St. Peters Missouri stays like it is but something tells me it's wishful and foolish to hope.
I see you are at 55,000 people.
My God!!!
You guys haven't had a murder since 2004!
It's 89.2% white and mostly Republican!
I'm packing my bags!
I live in a place where you go out shopping and so many people are from some where else speaking every kind of language but less and less English.
I some time feel like a stranger and an outsider in my own home town.
The culture I grew up in is just a memory and no one here even knows All 6 lanes of Douglass Blvd. was a narrow road with sheep on one side and cattle on the other for miles. Or that Lead Hill was where we had target practice now a shopping center and people pronounce it leed hill!
The place I used to fish and ride my dirt bike is now million+ dollar estates, the Indian burial grounds have been developed into tracks of new homes.

http://www.city-data.com/city/St.-Peters-Missouri.html

Last edited by goraman; 03-14-16 at 01:35 AM.