View Single Post
Old 03-22-16, 09:31 AM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by falconsusi View Post
So I want to be part of the crowd now that I am a randonneur. There is no information on the sizing of the basic or the really nice safety vest on RUSA website. Can anyone enlighten me on the sizing chest wise on both/either of these vests?

I had only a day before the event to get a vest and I got a basic Lowes hardware store vest and it was really baggy so I need a vest that fits. I am not a skinny girl, but I know the jersey with a 40 chest (L) will fit me.

And if you know how the sizing on the wind vest runs tell me that, too. They are out of stock on the large of the wind vest.

Thanks, Susan #11213
Pretty sure the RUSA vest is a custom L2S vest. I know (from trying on a friend's) that the XXL is a bit big on my 44" chest but I couldn't tell if it was so big that an XL would fit.

A bit of searching yielded this PDF for the sizing for a different non-customized version of that vest.

http://www.boutique-velo.com/images/rayons/pdf/l2s.pdf

101 cm (40") is on the small end of the L and just barely over the max on the M; you might want to try the medium. Also, IIRC the PBP vests are from the same manufacturer, so you might ask around your local club if they have a mailing list; someone may have one you can try on.