StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,174 Times in 1,465 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
In my industry we call that a fishing expedition. People invite us in, ask all kinds of questions about technology, how this and that works, how much does this cost, can you do a demo, can we get a 30/60/90 day eval unit, can you extend the eval unit until next march, can we get a proof of concept, etc., with absolutely no intention of buying anything, with no intention to spend even a dime. We have families to feed. It's a complete waste of our time.

If the OP intends on buying something, a lower model bike maybe or even a nice handlebar, then yeah, go for it. They Ford dealership let me drive a Focus ST when I bought my Focus SE. If the OP has no intention of buying anything then it isn't right. He's wasting the shop owner's time. It isn't an amusement park.
Yeah but a test ride of a bike doesn't involve substantial investment of time and money by the LBS. The bike is just sitting there. The only thing wrong is spending a lot of time with a sales person at a busy time where it detracts from other customers. Probably during a slow time, the LBS welcomes any interest by anyone.