Old 03-30-16, 05:49 PM
old's'cool
curmudgineer

Bikes: 2 many 2 fit here

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 70 Posts
All my other bikes work for a living, but here are my two bikes that I ride strictly for pleasure:

1978 Moto GJ (owned since new; many period correct/plausible mods, or at least nothing jarringly too-new)

1976 Raleigh GS, the bike I really lusted for in my youth but couldn't afford at the time - some period correct mods, most significant being Rigida 1320 700C wheelset with correct Normandy high flange hubs (original Weinmann 27" wheelset in storage)

Photos are not quite up to date, so Moto now has matching black anodized Rigida 1320 front rim with low flange Maillard hub.

Both are ridden regularly in rotation on weekend rides, when I need to make up missed commuting miles during the week, due to weather or travel.

Eventually to be added to my pleasure fleet is this 1976 Empire Professional, identical to the one I settled for back in the day, except one size larger frame. It was my first double-butted frame, all alloy-equipped 10-speed, and I had many hours and miles of riding it for pleasure before I outgrew the frame, and acquired the Moto GJ as a replacement. The below photo is as-received condition; currently it is completely stripped and awaiting repainting, then full restoration.

Last edited by old's'cool; 03-30-16 at 05:54 PM.