View Single Post
Old 04-04-16, 02:41 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Practice riding one handed, while coasting, then no handed, and finally one or no handed while pedaling.

Your problem is that you're over committing your body while pedaling, either because you're in a too high gear, the saddle is too high or too low, and your leg motion is rocking your hips. These causes and/or others are causing the bike frame to rock side to side as you pedal, and the steering is responding to the lean. The right saddle height, combined with lower gears will allow you to turn pedals without the frame moving.

Once you get used to seat of the pants steering (bicyclists were doing this before airplanes) coasting or pedaling won't make a difference.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.