ethet 
Catastrophe Merchant

Bikes: Keirin and a Steamroller

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Mumonkan
ive been told a single coat of shellac adds some tackiness, but ive never 'lac'd anything

the map bars kick ass! theyre stiff and have pretty much the perfect angle. my only wish is to make them wider, but then its basically a jones bar and i wouldnt be able to split lanes as easily
It is good to see a vote in favor of that bar... I think I like it from afar. Though it would be nice to try it out before dumping that much money into a handlebar hope. I'll be in Milwaukee soon, I'll stop by that shop if my bar requirements have still not been met at that time.

I've never shellacked anything either, and never will, for reasons that would likely irritate you

Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
If you do, you may want to consider the On One Mary for comparison regarding angles, width, rise and sweep.
That is an interesting option, certainly, especially as this project has already spiraled out of control. Thank you for the pointer... I kinda like that thing.

Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
What is the new build?
I am building a bicycle that is completely out of character for me, based upon a frame which is far more aggressive than anything I've ever ridden, though this project has become somewhat cathartic. Though, in full disclosure, the only thing I have at the moment is the chain: