Old 11-30-05, 08:45 PM
leeinmemphis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Roody
Sounds like you're at an age where you would benefit from much more than "45 minutes to 1 hour of cardio a week." You should consider doing that much, or more, every day if you want good fitness. I know that resistance training is very popular right now, and it's certainly beneficial, but a lot of evidence points to even greater benefits from more cardio.

Obviously your diet is working well, if you have already lost 10 pounds. You could probably get away with eating a little more if you were actually riding your bike.

So keep up the good work but add a few hours a week riding your bike! (What advice did you expect from the BikeForums?) Best of luck and continued success.

Added: Check BMI indexes online. I don't know for sure, but 210 pounds sounds a little too high for your height. BMI is pretty accurate for everybody except extremely muscular men, like professional body builders and football players.

That was actually a mistyped word. I meant I was doing 45 minutes to 1 hour a day 5-7 days a week plus working out with weight two times a week. Sorry the kids had me distracted at that point. I also forgot to add that I am 32 years old.

-lee-