Old 04-07-16, 07:35 AM
roadbikerLou

Bikes: 73 CCM Silver Ghost, 71 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, Austro-Daimler Ultima, 76 A-D Vent Noir, 84 Specialized Expedition Tourer, 84 Schwinn Continental, Zullo Tour 91, 93 Specialized Epic Comp, Giant Defy Advanced 0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can also pull out the fork if you have access to the bike and the fork comes out easily enough. If you haven't done it, ask a bike shop to help. The Reynolds forks I've come across have Reynolds markings stamped in them halfway between the crowns and threads at top of stem.

As far as the Reynolds sticker on a Columbus frame... unfortunately that happens way too much. Some builders however have put together tubes from different makers as they were building with short supplies of tubes or when they were using up supplies and going out of business or selling to another.

I have one beautiful Reynolds531 frame that is one of my main goto rides that is all Reynolds 531 except for the downtube that is actually Columbus. I thought at first it was an added sticker although it looked original and upon further examination found out that the builder used this setup as they were going out of business. To complicate further, the company who bought the remaining stock used their own parts on hand and these newly acquired mis-mosh assemblage to produce decent frames that I hope to never have to figure out what they are in the future.