View Single Post
Old 04-10-16, 07:20 AM
Shamrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
My first was a 67 or 68 green Ross with a brown leather seat.Bought it myself,cutting lawns,painting,paper route.Every day after riding I dragged it down the basement for safe keeping.My brother asked to borrow it.When I came home ,I asked where is the bike? Oh I left it on the side of the house.WHAT?? Gone!

We lived in a safe neighborhood,never locked the front door.But kids from other lower social economic areas would ride into town 2 on a bike.They would see an unattended bike and claim it.So I'm at the corner store and I see a kid on what I thought was my bike.I chased him on foot yelling and he took off on the bike.I reached my arm out and grabbed the saddle.After looking closely at the bike it wasn't mine.I told him what happened and apologized.He assured me his dad recently bought the bike for him.Never found the bike.

So 48 years later yesterday,my son in law and I picked up his new Scott CR1 carbon,ultegra.Nice bike good deal 1500.00.Scott made too many bikes and this shop was unloading some of them.We get home to his place he says (just leave the bike on the side of the house).I go off on him.What are you crazy!,anyone who sees that bike is going to steal it.Do you know what you have hear?Never leave this bike out of.....You guys get the idea.