Old 04-10-16, 08:56 PM
Danbob

Bikes: 2016 Modded Trek Domane 4.5, 2007 Gary Fisher Paragon 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Riddle me this

Okay. So I went from a 56cm giant tcr that was too big for me to a properly fitted 54 cm trek domane 4.5. Everything with the new bike is magical except one thing. I can't seem to get rid of wrist/palm pain after riding more than 20 miles. I seem to be putting too much weight on the hoods when I ride. I have carbon Isozone vrc bars on it that are the proper width for me, so I know I shouldn't be having this much fatigue. The rest of the bike fits absolutely perfect. Like so well that I never thought a road bike could fit as well as this one does and have my position be so comfortable. So what should I do? Current situation is the stock 90mm stem flipped up so that the rise is 7 degrees . I have 20mm of spacers between the stem and the headset. Yeah I know I am a dork but whatever...I don't race and I have terrible flexibility so I am not into the whole stem-slamming idea unless I have to to alleviate this wrist/palm pain. Even our shop mechanic who races isn't sure what my problem is and he was the one who did my fit and said the 56 giant was too big a frame. Do I rotate the bars up? Do I get a longer stem? Higher? Lower? What? Sorry. Getting a bit nuts over this. Thanks in advance.