Thread: Riddle me this
View Single Post
Old 04-10-16, 11:17 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4366 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 31 Posts
get on your bike and ride on the hoods (the problem position) as you normally do. Get a friend to ride beside you a few away and snap a decent photo of of your arm and hand on the bike.

Now hold your arm out in front of you and notice how your hand's neutral position is aligned with your arm. If the photo reveals that it isn't when you ride, that bend may be putting pressure on a nerve or otherwise causing irritation or pain.

The solution is to move the levers up or down to find a comfortable position where the arm and hand align. No guaranty this solves it, so try the easy way, by simply rotating the bars slightly in the stem. If it does work you can put the bars back if you want, and moving the levers.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.