Old 04-13-16, 07:33 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4195 Post(s)
Liked 3,837 Times in 2,295 Posts
"Wouldn't it be better to find a place to help out and apprentice for a few hours a week and parlay that into some shop time to braze? " Standalone

Sure if your town has an active builder and they are agreeable. having an apprentice has a cost (not actual payroll) that many builders don't want to deal with (state requirements with employees and such). There is a great efficiency in a one person operation.

"Is there a maker space were u are. Boston has one, the lovely bike women constructed her bike frame there.
they are poping up all over." long john

Again very location dependent. The local Makerspace here has building and insurance limitations about open flame and combustibles. Besides the attitude of some of the attendees weren't what I wanted to have around my equipment or using flames around my body... Andy