Bike Forums - View Single Post - Discouraged Beginner - Any tips?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-16, 01:51 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5547 Post(s)
Liked 176 Times in 118 Posts
If you like riding, ride. If you want big numbers, cheat on your power meter ... jack up your car, put it in gear, and push the trainer against the tire.

Just think, if you had done all this 20 years ago, there wouldn't have been power meters, and you'd be out riding and having a ball instead of typing on the Internet.

I was so bad off when I started, it has taken me two years just to get into Bad shape. The only thing which has kept me going is that I actually like to ride my bike. I might never be fast enough for even the Special Olympics, but no one can stop me from enjoying my ride.

if you were me, you'd have slit your wrists by now ... I am forced to accept that I might never be able to keep up with, much less compete with, any rider with more than one leg (and most of the legless hand-cycle guys could beat me in their sleep, so ... ) I guess it depends what motivates you ... but if you don't enjoy riding, I'd say, find another sport. if you do like riding, enjoy this wonderful pass time.

And maybe, one day, if you have no serious underlying health issues, you will become one of those guys I cannot keep up with. Thanks for trying to crush my spirit, dude.