Thread: Riddle me this
View Single Post
Old 05-02-16, 09:14 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4366 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 31 Posts
This is just about 100% impossible to discuss intelligently without seeing you on the bike. Actually, it might involve riding with you for an hour or so to see how you hold the bars and what you look like in various positions. It would also help to know how often you mve your hands, and which positions you use the most, and which cause the rpoblem.

Without seeing, I can't actually advise, but consider: if you switch to a longer stem to increase the reach, you might react by spending less time on the levers on in the drops and more time on the tops of the bars, either near the center, or on the curve to the levers. If either of those positions are more painful, then the longer stem would be counter-productive.

I raise the point to show you that everything is connected to everything else, and changes lead to changes. Feel free to try anything, but before you start changing stuff willy-nilly try to get a sense of where the issues are.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.