Old 05-17-16, 08:41 AM
gbi

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothoney
I know this is a little late for this thread, but I have a Roold bike. I bought it new in 1973 and it was top of the line then. The bike was manufactured in France with mostly French components. I paid $400.00 for the bike then. It was light weight for a steel bike, handled very well, and went very fast. I rode the bike thousands of miles over a period of 15 years, and then garaged it until 2015. I puled it out of storage last year 2015, cleaned it up, had new tires, brakes, cables, and handle bar tape installed. I also had all the bearings lubed, the gears cleaned and the derailleurs disassembled cleaned and lubed and the wheels trued. The bike is back on the road and is just as fast as I remember it. Although I'm a bit older now, I can still keep up with some of the guys with new carbon bikes! I do get some funny looks though. So that's a little bit about a Roold bike.
Nice to see a thread and new post about a Roold squirrel bike, thanks for sharing!

If it is not too much trouble, would like to see more pics, some closeups maybe?

Thanks,
gbi

Last edited by gbi; 05-17-16 at 08:56 AM.