View Single Post
Old 05-21-16, 09:54 AM
chris@propel

Bikes: Riese & Müller Birdy Speed, Riese & Müller Load

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Guys, Chris from Propel here. We're excited to be offering the IVE, it's quite a nice bike. I have been speaking with Tyrell on the topic of price as it's really tough with shipping costs to offer a competitive price. I've decided to lower the price, but we will need to group the orders together in order to save on shipping. The two sample bikes we just received cost $310 in shipping between the two of them.

I think if we group the orders together and ship a pallet via sea freight we could get the shipping per bike down to about $50 a bike as opposed to $150 a bike with shipping air. We're going to lower the price to $1500 and we will offer another $50 discount for those who pay up front on the pre-order. Hopefully we can find a way to bring the price down even further once things get rolling. Feel free to reach out if I can be of further assistance. I hope this seems reasonable.

I'm planning to send our next order towards the end of June and it will arrive in July.

Edit: Current weight limit is 80kg's. We are working to find another wheel option to up the weight limit. Currently that is the only factor limiting heavier riders.

Last edited by chris@propel; 05-21-16 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Include weight limit info