FarHorizon
Senior Curmudgeon

Bikes: Varies by day

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by georgiaboy
Explain why you made the decision mentioned above. I have a handlebar decision to make in the near future.
For longer rides, I like the versatility of the Noodle drops. Most of the time, I'm riding with my hands on the bar tops, occasionally on the brake levers. When I want variety, I sit upright with no hands or go to the drops.

The moustache bars don't have "tops." The curve of the bar is significantly forward of the stem, necessitating a shorter stem for the same extension I have when in the plane of the stem (on the Noodles). When I **do** want a more upright position on the moustache bars, my only option is to put the balls of my palms on the ends of the bars - not a very comfortable position for long. If I grasp the "arms" of the moustache, my wrists are bent at an inconvenient angle. I don't mind the forward position on the moustache bars when I'm exercising, because I'm normally exerting more effort than when touring. The more forward "aggressive" position provided by the moustache bars is a benefit on my fixed gear but not on my tourer.

Hope this helped.