View Single Post
Old 05-29-16, 08:32 AM
Willbird

Bikes: 2001 Trek Multitrack 7200, 2104 Fuji Sportif 1.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My Primary gave me a free glucometer when lab tests showed me to be if not type II diabetic yet, at least Pre Diabetic. With some age and abuse of the bodies system to handle Sugars many people will develop it.

So I went nuts testing all kinds of foods 30 minutes after eating, 60 minutes after, 2 hours after, to see what I was sensitive to. Cream style soups, Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken, stuff like that would blow my blood sugar up to 200 for a couple hours. Most packaged dry cereals would, oatmeal would...Orange juice or any other fruit juice, yep.

Now the GOOD news is after losing over 100 lbs, and riding an hour a day almost year round, that totally went away....I could eat any food on earth within my calorie goals and my Blood sugar would stay 150 or so after eating. MANY people IMHO could control it with diet, but FEW actually do so a day at a time.

If you can get your Primary to do an H1AC test, a non fasting test it will give you a snapshot of your average blood sugar for the last 90 days. Many Urgent Care around here offer a full blood panel including H1AC for around $100 sometimes, which you can pay for with Medical Flex if you have that.

Bill