View Single Post
Old 12-04-05, 12:52 PM
BMXZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Danster
I know nothing about BMX other than the 3 disciplines that it involves. Last year my son and I went over to the local skate park with his Canadian tire brand bike and a couple of teenage kids helped him around getting to know the "do's and don't's". It was a great experience for him and now he wants to race and play around at the local skate park all the time. I'd like to get him and I started ( I won't be racing). Is it possible to buy 2 bikes and gear in the $1000.00 price range? If anyone can help us out, I'd like to know brand names of bikes to consider and approximate prices. Any other words of advice would also be hugely appreciated.
Wait what i got out of this your getting 2 bikes for your son or 1 bike for you and 1 bike for your son.Even so your son cant race and play at the local skatepark with the same bike.Race bikes are meant to be light put not too supportive in jumping and in skateparks.But if he wants a freestyle bike i would go for the Haro Mirra 360.Also how tall is he and how much does he weigh.I dont think you will be needing alot of gear maybe some elbow pads,knee pads,and ofcourse a helmet for the little guy.but for you i dont think you need much besides a helmet.Oh and you dont need to be spending $1000 on bikes if you are a begginer.My little bro bought his bike for $350 and he has a Mirra 540 I hope i helped.