Old 06-03-16, 06:26 PM
Bandera
~>~

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Inpd
I'm a new rider so I'm not sure as yet. I doubt it, but I want an option of at least selling something if 2 years down the track my interests change to say gravel grinding.
Bicycles are not a hot commodity item with quick return on an investment when no longer of interest, everyone else feels the same only more so.
The "better" machines are part hi-tech but mostly fashion and a sure big loss leader when today's stage of the art is tomorrow's obsolescent with a stink of old fish on it.

That being said a properly selected and fitted machine of suitable versatility or precise requirement can stay in service for decades, some of mine have.
It's mostly about the fit and putting in the seat time necessary for effective cycling, not the flavor of the Hardware.

I've never once considered what the residual value of any machine that I've built over the years would be, just it's required function.

As always, suit yourself.

PS: Merckx: always the right answer when in doubt in selecting a proper gentleman's frameset for moving right smartly along on indifferent surfaces.

-Bandera