TCR Rider

Bikes: Pinarello Dogma F8 Giant TCR Advanced 2 Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by pownie
Hi all,
Something caught my eye at the Giro, stage 20, 11.3km to go.

.... At 11.3km to go, now solo Nibali takes a water bottle from the side of the road. Doesn't seem to have any water in it! You can tell. He then puts the bottle in is holder and immediately the bike seems to take an un-natural acceleration up hill! without pedalling!

I have heard batteries can be hidden in bottles. He then goes all the way to the top without taking any of the water and ditches the bottle over the top. Doesnt seem to be a constant acceleration all the way to the top but could definitely be a key burst of speed at the right time!......
If that is what happened Nibali has refined his skills from holding on to the team car for a burst of speed. I will say prior to the two last mountain stages he seemed to be dead in the water and I was thinking he was playing possum and waiting for his opportunity to pounce.
I don't know the mechanics of powering a motor but I would imagine the battery would have to be plugged in to the motor and that would require more than putting the water bottle into the cage. Besides I believe they have been checking the bikes for motors after the stage but hey nothing would surprise me at this point.