jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by RidingWest
Hi,

I'm planning an extensive trip across Europe, from either Berlin or The Hague to (hopefully) Portugal.

But since it's my first trip of this length, I am having some trouble planning my itinerary. Could anyone perhaps recommend good resources? Since there's just so much to plan (including sights, good bicycle routes, terrain, avoiding cars etc.), I was wondering if there was anywhere where one could find itineraries from other cyclists and model their own on a few others?

Thank you a lot for any help!
If you start in, or transit through, the Netherlands or northern Belgium, there are many good route planners that take you on dedicated paths or low traffic roads. Any main road in the Netherlands will likely have a separate bike lane running alongside it. Just type fietsrouteplanner into google, and a piule of results will pop up. I liked the one on the Tourism Flanders site the best, it covers both countries (not all the Netherlands ones cover Belgium too).

I also found OpenCycleMaps to be a good resource. It has detailed maps for Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. It is an offshoot of the OpenStreetMaps project, and while coverage gets limited in France and further west, it is extensive in those central countries.