View Single Post
Old 06-10-16, 08:14 PM
mrchaotica

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by longdistancecy
Cops here will pull a bike over if you ride against traffic so i dont plan on doing that.
You shouldn't avoid riding against traffic because cops will pull you over for it; you should avoid it because it's a terrible, dangerous idea! You're much safer acting like a car.

Im going to buy multiple used mowers and store them at the clients houses. I have previous clients all over the city from when i mowed before that i have a relationship with that i would trust leaving a lawnmower at their house. I will get my money back after a month.
I have to say, I'm pretty skeptical about that aspect of your business model. But you're the one with lawn service experience, so good luck.

I plan to go to college at rose state college in midwest city.... They recommended the sun atlas x type bike for 380$. Its a single speed and i was weary about getting a single speed at first cause i thought it would be harder to ride long distance but i saw another thread of people riding single speeds for 70 miles and touring up to 170 miles.
According to Google Maps, a route from downtown Oklahoma City to Rose State College is about 8 miles and mostly flat. I think a single speed will be at least adequate for that, if not ideal. Your only problem there will be that a single speed will either have poor acceleration or a limited cruising speed, depending on how you gear it.

I still think you could gotten a better bike for less money, but I guess it's too late now.

...Actually, scratch that: looking at the specs, that's pretty terrible. You could get a much better bike for much less money. The margin is wide enough that I think it's worth returning that Sun and looking for something different. Namely, the Specialized Hard Rock cliffordK posted -- that's the same bike I have, and I can personally attest that it is a great choice. Buy it! Buy it now!

Let me put it this way: if you wanted me to give up my Hard Rock in favor of your Sun, you'd have to pay me to take the Sun. And then I would promptly hock it and buy another Hard Rock instead. It's that much better.

Originally Posted by Walter S
It's unhealthy to gain OR lose weight at that rate. When you see yourself steadily gaining or losing weight rapidly it's time to reevaluate and change your intake and/or what you eat.
+1