Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by DavyKOTWF
Good tip Oddjob though then I'd have to run from my wife.

Lots of good advice here for the OP. No worries, I'm not juicing or anything weird like that. The supplements are Whey Protein powder drink, extra E, D3, K2, C, magnesium, CoQ10, some Cardio Health drink full of B vits, garlic and ashwagandha, and a green drink. Very hard to get all that in just eating food nowadays. Probably most of you are deficient in D3, K2 and magnesium

What BK said about electrolytes got me to thinking and researching...I wonder if adrenal fatigue is a real thing?

Anyway, I've rested 2 days and backing off a little. Will try a longer ride soon.

Test road something called a Specialized Diverge Comp today, weighing 18.5 lbs. No big deal, slumped over and horrible seat. My upright Hybrid feels better and has a better seat. That dang $3300 bike didn't even have a kickstand or pedals. He had to whip out some old pedals to put on it. Will stick to my WalMart BSO for a while until I lose some weight. For the first time I saw where my BSO Schwinn had Shimano somethings on the rear back, derailer I guess.

Will report back in 3 months and see where my progress is.
It's possible that some of your fatigue is about diet and sleep. You have to eat enough of the right stuff and sleep enough hours to recover. The right stuff includes protein, carbs, and vegetables. Say, 1/2 your plate vegetables, carbs the size of your fist, protein the size of your palm if it's meat. That'll change of course according to the meal, but that's the basic recipe. Enough hours is usually 7+. I like 9 when I can get it.

Adrenal fatigue is a real thing. Go easy enough that you don't breathe hard 80% of the time, that's the rule. That may seem impossible, and perhaps for now it is, but try to do that. It'll come.

When I was young, I rode everywhere at ~60 cadence. Never bothered me. Would now, though.