Old 06-16-16, 11:57 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Every LBS should have an Amazon Prime account. In some cases they can get same day delivery. At worst, two-day delivery. There's hardly ever any reason to keep customers waiting a week or longer.

The main challenge to businesses using Amazon Prime for same-day delivery now is Amazon hasn't yet provided a filter to quickly identify eligible items to meet the $35 minimum order to qualify for free same-day delivery.

Sure, customers could do this themselves. But some folks don't use or like Amazon. And even if the LBS marks up the price a couple of bucks to cover their expenses, it's a useful value added service to keep customers happy.

When I needed to replace a Shimano RevoShift last month I ordered the shifter, Jagwire cable cutter (and a bag of super-caffeinated coffee to meet the $35 minimum order) around 6 a.m., and the order was delivered just after noon from Dallas (I'm in Fort Worth). Pretty good deal for a job I could do myself at home, and get back on the road pronto.

A week or so later I used the Amazon Prime same-day free delivery to order a pair of summer weight cycling gloves and a couple other items I wanted for a group ride that night. Again, everything arrived early afternoon.

Last edited by canklecat; 06-17-16 at 12:01 AM.