View Single Post
Old 06-18-16, 02:49 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Liked 1,258 Times in 602 Posts
Rebuilding a trashed BSO with leftovers.

I'm purposely building a bike people will likely make fun of but I hate to see things go to waste, even BSO's, plus I want a bike I can throw in the back of the truck or car without worrying about scratching it and if it gets stolen, no great loss. I acquired a NEXT Revolution aluminum frame MTB that had been vandalized and I was going to use it as a parts donor for the other BSO's I frequently repair for people. The frame is actually big enough I can make it fit fairly well. While looking for a part for something else I realized I have everything to make it whole again, even better that it was, right in my collection of parts. Stuff I bought that didn't work for the intended application, parts that are functional but have severe cosmetic issues that I am unlikely to use on anything decent and so forth. I put a bike back in service AND clear out some of my clutter in one fell swoop. I can't wait to hear the comments when people notice the beat but functional Araya/Maillard wheelset, Terry Liberator saddle, Deore XT RD and Ritchey SPD pedals on a WalMart bike LOL. Let the BSO hate flow!