Old 06-18-16, 04:26 PM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Downtown Phoenix

Went for a short ride this morning. Was expecting to go for a short hike. Instead my schedule was changed. So I went for an impromptu ride this morning. Decided to see how the lighting was for photos downtown. The lighting was OK. My photography is so so.

For those more interested in pix they start here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/res1du...57667028805323

I started out from my house near 23rd Ave & Campbell. Proceeded south on 23rd Ave to Osborn Rd. Then west to 24th Ave, south to Thomas Rd. I had breakfast at McDs there. Leaving McD I took a shot of the aquarium place next door.

[IMG]Ocean Floor by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

I've seen the name "Servous Nystem" on several murals around town. So far I like his art.

From here I travel east on Thomas to 23rd Ave. Then south to Virginia. From there I work my way thru the neighborhood to 19th Ave & Encanto Blvd. Continued east to 5th Ave, then south to Van Buren. Instead of blow by blow here are the shots.

[IMG]Fresh Flower Warehouse by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Old First Baptist Church by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Hotel San Carlos by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Luhrs Building by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Orpheum Theater by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

Between I stopped for a small cup of joe at Starbucks in Cityscape. That's a small shopping center between 1st Ave & Central and Washington and Jefferson. There is several restaurants, a little pricey for my taste, a bowling alley and a CVS. There is also a nice outside sitting area where I sipped my coffee and watched the early morning pedestrians.

From the Orpheum theater I headed home. I stopped at Roosevelt Park to shoot this piece of art.

[IMG]Roosevelt Park by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

I didn't try to read the panels. From here I went home.

Stats: Rode the Hybrid
15.3 mi 73 min riding time. Was gone for about 2 1/2 hours from home.