View Single Post
Old 06-22-16, 02:35 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
I've been a member here for about three years now and try to visit at least once daily in the morning while downing some coffee before work. I would agree that recently there seems to be a decline in new posts, maybe it's the weather? Who knows? One thing I find off putting is someone responding to a question with same "try the search function" response. I mean here's someone probably new to the forum asking a question that has been asked several times in the past, so what, give him an answer or move on. Why ruffle feathers?

As technology changes, so do the responses. I mean a bike from 30 years ago may have two wheels just like one from today but a lot has happened with materials used, wheel widths, tire tech, saddles, helmets, etc... to where a new and updated response may be valid in some cases.

I guess there's just some folks here that have heard it all over and over again who feel obligated to chime in and be pissed off that another new guy asked the same question again. If you are one of those folks, think next time to just move on and let the new guy engage in a conversation he or she started to help get them interested in the forum. Once they're hooked they'll keep coming back and possibly purchase a premium membership? Next thing you know there's a lot more action around here.