bike_galpal
Banned.

Bikes: Swobo Sanchez 3x1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hairnet
Huh? A Dingle drive is still in essence a single speed, but you get two cog/chainring combos that in theory should use the same chain length without tensioners or repositioning the wheel. As I mentioned, I had a low 34/18 and high 36/16 on my single speed. I built mine with a freehub wheel and Surly SS splined cogs. This is different from your 1x2 idea.
ooooohhhh wait, do you actually run dingles without re positioning your rear wheel? wow, yeah i didn't know that was part of it the whole dingle thing. yeah, that would definitely be pretty cool! so i could do uhhhh.... 39x12 and 34x17?

woah. i mean this is all so hypothetical..... by the time i get enough range of motion back, 34x17 might be like going up a hill in a windstorm at least in one leg. speaking of which, anyone know how much range of motion is needed for a 6 ft tall person to use 170mm cranks?? i might try to calculate it, but i'll probably fail, because i'm bad at math

in other news, i randomly heard about these dealios The Original Suicide Shift | Rock The Bike
apparently someone has one of these set up on track dropouts? that could be pretty rad!! i just don't understand how you keep the wheel aligned??