View Single Post
Old 06-30-16, 01:38 AM
Kenright

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale Cyclocross, 2005 Cannondale Six13 Centaur, 1991 Cannondale SM2000, 1987 Cannondale Team Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
Just finished this very special vintage '87 Cannondale build for a fellow in Tampa who always wanted one of these but couldn't afford one until now. Original finish on the frame, although it did require some hand-mixed touchups. The Dura Ace 8 speed group is almost all new- everything but the brake calipers and hubs- right out of the boxes, from a personal hoard that I'd acquired over several years:

Seat post is a period correct Shimano 640X, tires are Vittoria Rubino Pro III's, hubs are laced to new Pacenti PL23 polished box section rims. That's a 12-23 cassette on there (hey, Florida is pretty flat!) and a KMC chain. Stainless Shimano cables on the brakes, original stainless 7402 cables on the derailleurs. 3TTT anatomic/ergo bars with a Cinelli stem. Even the bar tape, saddle and cable housing matched up pretty well, I think:

Fun build, really nice guy to work with, all in all a great project.
Thank you Doc, it was a pleasure working with you. As everyone already knows, the attention to detail is superb, the colors are spot on, and the crispness to the shift levers is something I have never experienced. I can't wait to get her on the road for the initial ride!!

Seriously, this is what I call dotting the "I's" and crossing the "T's"; matching valve stem covers.