View Single Post
Old 07-01-16, 04:13 PM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by rcschafer
Picked this up off of the local Craigslist a while back and finally got around to getting it running. Pretty beat up but I liked the look of it. Still needs a bit of work - fork legs needs to be aligned, pedal spindles are bent, tweaking cable routing, installing mudguards, that kind of thing.

I'm having trouble determining a timeframe for the bike - no serial number and the decals don't match any of the listings on the Headbadge nor any picture I can find via Google Images. Has anyone seen this decal style before? I've attached a closeup of the 'Raleigh' decal from the seat tube as well.

Some highlights for me: GB Randonneur bars with Velo-Orange elk hide wrap, ridiculously long Huret shifters and the wraparound seat stays.
I bought 2 Raleighs from a guy who haunts estate sales in a very affluent area of our non-affluent region. One was a step-thru Sports that looks more like a Superbe (rack, locking fork, etc.). And a Belgian license plate.

The other was a Raleigh Royale ten speed with Huret derailleurs, braze-ons for a chain guard, decal head badge, wing nuts on the wheels, BSA fork, internally routed light wiring, and stainless steel fenders. It also has a Belgian license plate.

I wonder if yours was built for a different market.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0278.jpg (100.1 KB, 28 views)
IMG_0280.JPG (85.4 KB, 30 views)
IMG_0310.jpg (96.9 KB, 30 views)
IMG_0317.jpg (93.9 KB, 30 views)
IMG_0318.jpg (96.6 KB, 28 views)