rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9798 Post(s)
Liked 1,730 Times in 1,072 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathpack View Post
Great ride today with two friends, 30ish miles with 3000ish ft climbing. These are some of my casual cycling friends but we've done some pretty epic stuff together. I was feeling pretty good and climbing well and one of my friends has lost a little fitness and gained a little weight and was doing fine but today was not his day. I stopped to take a pic and had to work a little to catch the boys near the top of the climb and by the time I caught them, I was stepping lively. So I just kept going and blew past them.

Quote of the day from my struggling friend was "F-you, Heathpack". Lol.

Here is a pic from whence we came. From my house I can ride here, into Angeles National Forest, up to (fire) Camp 9 or we can take a different route and ride over Dillon Divide and then down into the San Fernando Valley. Just really lucky to have this at my doorstep.

Also saw a bunch of people I knew, they were coming up as we were descending, two different groups. Nice to be home and hear "Hi Heathpack" just riding around. Then coming home through our final canyon, I saw one of my Nightcrawler friends. Had to hump it to catch him so that we could get him to come to coffee with us, which was the cherry on the top of a kind of perfect morning.