Old 07-04-16, 05:01 PM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
South Mountain Park

Rode to South Mountain Park this morning. Should'a started earlier. It was low to mid 80s at the start, maybe low 90s when done. If you're more interested in pix than writing the album is here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/res1du...57667028805323

I started around 5:20 AM. Riding south on 23rd Ave to Osborn where I turned west to 24th Ave. From there it was 1/2 mi south to McD where I broke my fast.

Left McDs a little before 5 AM. Worked over to 19th Ave & Encanto. Then east to 5th Ave, south to downtown. Worked my way thru downtown to 1st Ave and headed south. Stopped just south of downtown to look at some graffiti.

[IMG]Some Graffiti by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

1st Ave is 1-way south but merges with Central Ave shortly. Then I follow Central south to the park. Stopping at a Circle K for some gatorade. Once I passed the Salt River I'm climbing. Not much but I'm used to flat land.

[IMG]Entrance to South Mtn Park by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

From this point I'm climbing more. My speed was between 8-10mph. Something started making a clicking sound with my pedalling. Could've been my rear derailleur.

I wasn't sure how far I would ride when I started. But with the temp and the climbing I was ready to stop here.

[IMG]End of the Road by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

There is a harder climb is to the left of the photo. One day. The road beyond the barricade is blocked to vehicles. But several bikes went on by. So I assume that would be OK. Not today tho.

Turning around was fun. I sped downhill over 20mph. Even after leaving the park, going down Central Ave I was still going downhill. Fun.

Just before the river Central levels out. The North side of the valley is fairly flat too. Stopped downtown for a couple more shots.

[IMG]Luhr's Tower by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Wallace, Ladmo & Gerald by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old time Phoenixers will recognize Wallace & Ladmo. And of course Gerald. For those who didn't grow up in the area back in the 50s thru the 70s they were a popular childrens show on TV.

From here I got on 3rd Ave and went home.

I rode the hybrid today.
30.1 mi
2 hrs, 11 min riding time. Was home before 9 AM.