View Single Post
Old 07-08-16, 08:04 PM
Staypuft1652

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CircleofOne
I should have noted that the sidewalks are approved by the city for use by cyclers as well. I like the paved trails here (even though there are more walker/joggers), the only problem is they're too short, so I would be riding up and down them all evening to get in my workout.

Too bad you don't have any bike lanes! It was like there where I used to live, and the attitude there towards cycling (especially those in the bright spandex gear) was never friendly.
Yes, I too forgot to mention that it is legal to ride a bicycle on all sidewalks here, with the exception of downtown. Every few days or so, I get yelled at by passing rednecks in cars or trucks, rarely anything specific(I should note I myself am technically a redneck, but no offense meant to anyone). The paths here have people with dogs both on or off leash, rollerbladers, skateboards/longboards, joggers, ect. But I still enjoy them, and also like you, wish there was more. Beginning to try to ride more miles on each trip, and have to do loops.