Old 07-09-16, 10:05 AM
voor9

Bikes: Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 '08, Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 '15, Felt 7 Full Carbon '17, Tunturi Professional rehearsal racebike '15, Peugeot Pulse g400 01?, Nishiki Rally SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hybrid bikes are always a compromise. They are heavier than road bikes. With a road frame a narrower tires can also be used, less resistance hence easier to drive. If not driving on dirt roads, a decent road bike is better option.

I've had some back problems every now and then. I've also had several accidents with cars. A triathlon bar is a good option for better driving position. I myself feel more relaxed and don't have to tense my neck and shoulders while driving long distances (like 2hrs or more, over 50 km). It also gives more flexibility to hold from the bar during the route. And it gives a better view to observe the traffic when you are not so low. It is good to change the holding position every now and then during the driving in the first place. Still it gives also good hold when driving uphill. Fits to different types of bars and there are many different models available, like the XLC model in the picture.