Old 07-10-16, 01:31 PM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Steele Indian School Park Ride Part 2

Coming in to the Park from the east side I see they are irrigating.

[IMG]Steele Indian School Park by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

The water in the shade was cool to the touch. I didn't test the water in the sun. It's only a few inches deep. Riding around to the west side I stop to enjoy the shade and some of my gatorade. Here is a shot of the lake.

[IMG]Here's the lake by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

Some of the waterfowl swam away from me. Some came over hoping for some bread crumbs. Sorry nothing today. Following is some of the artwork. I need to come back when the lighting is better. I use that as an excuse a lot.

[IMG]Mural by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

They appear to be paintings on plywood sheets. There are a lot more. These were along the west side from Glenrosa to Indian School Rd. I took a look at the old school buildings but decide to come back another time. Checked out a little more until my gatorade is gone. Time to go home.

Crossing Central Ave at Glenrosa I work my way to 3rd Ave, then north to the Grand Ave Canal.

[IMG]Almost home by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

It's only a couple of miles home from here. Arrive home around 5:30. Drank a pint of milk, then over the next hour around 40 oz of cold water. That's one thing about hot afternoons. Cold anything tastes really delicious!

Stats:
18.1 mi
1 hr 21 min riding time

Last edited by locolobo13; 07-10-16 at 01:39 PM.