View Single Post
Old 07-18-16, 07:40 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels
"What would be a good wine with this meal?"

"Wine is just a pretentious excuse to drink alcohol. You need to drink beer."

"What car do you recommend that is easy on gas, but has enough interior space to haul a couple of bikes?"

"You either want to haul something or you don't. But a truck or stick with your compact car."

What I'm saying is, I don't think your help is as helpful as you think it is.
I get your point, but it is not quite the same thing. In this case holding out for bibs is what is causing OP's problem. We are getting to the point where some noobs don't even know that not-bibs even exist. Most advice to buy shorts is specifically to buy bibs. Not-bibs aren't even being considered anymore. Telling him the alternative form of shorts don't have the problem is, IMO, helpful. More like this using your wine example:

Q: "Red wine gives me the runs. Can you recommend one that doesn't."
A: "No, sensitive folks find that problem with many if not all red wines. It's hit or miss. But did you know that white wine doesn't have that problem at all."

Sure, not exactly what was asked, but not unhelpful either."

Oh, and by the way, if the thread topic were "Please Recommend Some Not-Bibs That Don't Bind My Huge Waist", wouldn't a large fraction of the responses say to just switch to bibs? What's the difference here?

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...

Last edited by rpenmanparker; 07-18-16 at 08:55 AM.