Old 07-24-16, 04:39 PM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Papago Park

I rode to Papago Park this morning. Temp was 90ish F this morning at 5:20 AM when I left. I remembered to record the ride on Endomondo.

https://www.endomondo.com/users/1891...outs/771985394

For those more interested in pix go here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/res1du...57667028805323

From my house I got on Campbell going east. At 7th Ave I got on the Grand Canal Trail. I followed this to the QuikTrip near 24th St & Thomas Rd. There I had breakfast. A protein bar and tea. Forgot to pause Endomondo.

After breakfast I got back on the Grand Canal Trail and traveled to Washington St. There I went east to Priest Dr. At Priest I turned north. From here it is slightly uphill. Next to the Phoenix Municipal Stadium there is a pedestrian bridge. I got on it to take a shot of the Papago Buttes.

[IMG]Papago Park Ride by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

The Buttes attract a lot of rock climbers. I saw quite a few people on top of them and other rocks around the park this morning.

After crossing Van Buren you are in the park. You have several choices. I chose to ride on the Galvin Bikeway. Actually there were more runners on the bikeway. The bikes were in the bike lane on the Galvin Parkway. I wondered over near the Zoo and took some shots of the ponds just north of the Zoo.

[IMG]Pond near the Zoo by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Ramada at pond by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

Just to see I went east a little and found myself on the Crosscut Canal. Turning back I rode back to the Galvin Bikeway and continued north. There were several opportunities to shoot the south Butte while riding north.

[IMG]Same Butte from the north by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

Pretty quick you come to McDowell Rd. I drank the last of my tea here. Continue north to Oak St. There I turned left. Stopping near the archery range I took a last shot of the north Butte.

[IMG]One of the Buttes by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

My plan is to follow Oak St back into central Phx. Going west from here it was downhill slightly. Felt good. At 48th St. I cross the Old Crosscut Canal which is a bike path nowadays.

[IMG]Arcadia Bike Path by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

At 44th St I detoured to a Supermarket for another cold tea bottle. Anything cold tastes good on a day like today. Back on Oak I continued west. There is a pedestrian bridge over the 51 freeway.

[IMG]Crossing the 51 by res1due, on Flickr[/IMG]

After crossing the 51 it is a short distance to 16th St. I will continue this ride in the next post.