View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 02:00 PM
RifterAD

Bikes: '20 Specialized Roubiax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I purchased the V55 a couple months ago (I had to have it special ordered). I love how versatile it is...which is exactly why I bought it. I only have one bike now, and this covers all aspects of what I need.

Basically, I ride about 6 miles to work on paved roads, but some of those roads are horrible at best (and have blown many road-bike tires). Since it's about a 700ft climb to work, I needed wider gearing than my old cyclocross bike had...plus the disc brakes were a must for that downhill decent on a heavily trafficked road. As an added benefit, I wanted it to still work for my (occasional) longer recreational rides or triathlon.

The only downside is that it weighs a little more than other road bikes in this price range...so I some hard times keeping up with the group in the one group ride that I did. Group rides are not my thing, but I had a new bike and my buddy finally talked me into one. lol

So far, I have only (recently) swapped out the tires with Compass Bon Jon Pass tires (700x35c) for some added comfort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20160722_093451-1.jpg (98.2 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg
20160722_093459-1.jpg (98.1 KB, 462 views)