Old 07-26-16, 03:58 AM
touringiscool

Bikes: Surly Ogre in Black, Carrera Subway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The Cache Battery is not charging on my LUXOS, if i charge the system with no lights and nothing connected for 20 minutes the cache battery does not charge. I know this because once done if I plug in my phone and cycle it will charge but when i come to a stop the phone stops charging. the manual states that the cache battery can charge for "4 minutes" while stopped.

I thought I would take the light apart I found a cache battery it is 6.4 volts Li-On battery (2*3v battery in series) I replaced the battery with two model helicopter batteries more precisely:"2Pcs 3.7V 380MAH Lipo Battery For Hubsan X4" which can be found on eBay for 6.50 (at time of writing). these are twice the capacity of the original battery. The modification appeared to work except there is no yellow lead (which I think is for balance charging) or temperature. unfortunately during testing I decided to attach the input to an AC source of 12V which I thought would be sufficient to charge the device. I new that the dynamo supplies voltages greater than the advertised 6v so I thought it would be ok but in the end the circuit board blew up.

So I bought another one, this has exactly the same problem, I am considering whether to swap the batteries again but I am a little more cautious this time.

During my testing I found that the switching system for the light is as follows.

Short press, while riding with light switched off = light flash and charging start
Short press, while riding and light switched on = full beam on
long press, while riding while light switch off = light on low beam
long press, while riding and light switched on = light off but charging continues
long press, while riding and light on full beam (blue led) = all off both light and charging stops