Old 07-28-16, 04:54 PM
walksomemore

Bikes: Masi Premiare, Trek 520, '01 Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tkm
Have you looked at the Lynskey Viale Disc? Accepts slightly larger tires, has all the rack and fender mounts plus it uses a standard external cup 1 1/8" headset.

My only issue is sizing as the geometry is a bit different. I'm stuck between a M and ML but both are so close I'm not sure I could go wrong either way (I'm 5'10"-ish with longer legs).
I spoke with Lynskey today, they say the Viale is a light tourer - with emphasis on 'light'. More of a commuter, or maybe a credit-card tourer w some loading but not an awful lot. Haven't looked at one, but looking at the geometry, this has an upright ride - relatively short top tubes, bigger bb drop, steeper angles, etc. The frame reach is pretty short as well, whereas the Cooper CX has about a 39 cm reach in Large, the Viale reach is only about 36 cm (that'sa lot shorter). Sounds like a upright-sitting bike that is great for long legs and moderate torso.Which describes me w a 34 inseam at 6' tall. Hmmmmm.

The Urbana is a Cooper CX but with cables routed under the downtube instead of on top of the top tube. The backroads is too much bike. BTW, the Cooper Cx weighs in at about 19.1 lbs without my Look pedals but with two H2O cages. Not the lightest, but..... did I mention how much my ole Trek 520 weighs? Back when bikes were 4130 and men were brave? 28 lbs empty!

Still leaning towards the Cooper CX or the Sportive....

Anyone else?

Last edited by walksomemore; 07-28-16 at 04:58 PM.