Old 07-29-16, 06:38 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
Be thankful it's bikes and not cars. Imagine having 20 or 30 cars in your garage, barn, under tarps and rotting out in the field behind the house.

I currently have 7 in the garage.
1980 Miyata 610 "La Bestia " that I don't currently like riding but is scheduled for some mods
Nishiki international Named Guido that I put a triple chainring on to give me real hill climbing gears and use often
1980 Raleigh Record Ace "the Crane" that has a High ten frame but is still my favorite ride, and has been extensively modified
1994 GT Vantara with 21 speeds and trigger shifters, and 700 c wheels which I ride to remind me how nice index shifting is
a custom Green touring bike named Kermit I bought from the bike exchange and rebuilt with thoughts of doing an extended tour
A Trek 800 mountain that I "customized" to take to Burning Man, complete with 2 propellers and about a dozen lights.
And last but not least, my latest Mixte that I repainted burgundy and is gorgeous and is named Duchess.

All total I probably have about $1000 invested in these bikes. The last car I restored, A 1960 Maserati 3500 GT took me 7 years and about $20,000 to take from a "barn find" to a full y restored (amateur) resto.