View Single Post
Old 07-29-16, 06:42 PM
1989Pre 
Standard Member

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked 940 Times in 490 Posts
Blackburn Piston

I bought my inexpensive Inline-brand floor pump about ten years ago, and I am getting some leaking when I pump my tires. Not all the time, but enough to make it frustrating. Also, I have the common problem of the pump head being jammed sometimes (not allowing air into the valve), until I let some pressure out of the tube, first. I am looking for a higher-quality floor pump, and am looking at the Blackburn Piston 2 http://www.blackburndesign.com/pumps...l#.V5wDqLWYKM0.
It is cheaper than some of the nice Lezynes I've seen and it appears to be be good quality. I want something that is definitely a step up and worth the money. Fifty to seventy dollars is not unreasonable for me. I basically don't want a pump that leaks.
Has anyone used the Blackburns or heard anything good/bad/mezza-mezza about them?