Old 07-31-16, 09:02 AM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5991 Post(s)
Liked 955 Times in 729 Posts
Originally Posted by ADAP7IVE
Recently purchased a bike and trying some options for storage. I have a ridiculously tiny apartment, though for Japan it's pretty typical. Even clearing some space for this thing, I'm going to need to store it vertically. Storing outside isn't really an option because I don't have any outside space, but even if I did, exposing it to the humidity and regular rains isn't an option. I think I have a space, but I just cannot figure out how to secure it reliably. I wedged a couple pieces under the rear tire and propped the bike up, loosely tied to the wall, but I'm concerned about damaging the tire with the cornered stopper piece. Also, it is still out from the wall and blocking my computer and end of the bed. Pictures to follow. Please help.
How is the height of the ceiling? I had a bike hanging from the ceiling once, it was on two ropes with hooks, one on the handle bar, one under the saddle, I hoisted it up and secured it in one of those clamps they use one sailing boats to keep the sail in place. You could counterbalance it if you want to make it nicer.