Bike Forums - View Single Post - Commuters, help me out. What do you think about bike lockers?
Old 08-06-16, 12:05 PM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 200 Posts
Do you presently use a bike locker? If so, tell me about it and how much you pay.
No, I am lucky enough to be able to bring my bike into my office. We moved about 1.5 years ago and I was a bit anxious about where to park. I think I would have liked the availability of a locker if things hadn't worked out well.

If not, would you use a bike locker if it was inside a parking garage and within reasonable walking distance to work? (You get to decide how far “reasonable” is.)

Yes, see above

What type of locker would you prefer?
  • One where you bring you own lock—padlock and U-lock compatible—but you can't leave your lock overnight?
  • One where you buy an online rechargeable access card and it charges you 5 (yes, only a nickel) an hour to park? (40 to 50 a day.) And you can use that card in other cities too. And you can also reserve a locker online before leaving for work?
  • One with its own key lock, and you pay $30 for six months April 1 to October 31, or $50 for a whole year April 1 to March 31 (your choice) plus a key deposit for either period?
Probably the first, but are you saying that locks will be cut of and contents removed if past a certain time?

Bonus question: If there were bike-share bikes stationed at the same garage, would you use one,
  • to commute instead of your own bike, or
No

• for running errands at lunchtime instead of your own bike which you would leave in the locker.
No